- You don't need to come out - I'm not saying you should hide in your little close
- Come out to yourself first - Before you go tell someone that you're gay,trans,pan,etc.. You need to talk to yourself first. In a mirror,in the bathroom,anywhere! Get to know yourself. Have a clear grasp of who you are,before asking people to do it for you.
- Come out on your own terms - Never feel the need to do anything because of other people's opinions. Sure they say its better for you,and they might be right,but unless you really really really want to,then don't. Remember,its your choice.
- People may already know - The people you want to know are usually the ones closest to you. Never underestimate how much they care for you and how much attention they pay towards you. Chances are,your best friend may already know. Trust me,I've been there. When you do come out,they might act all shocked and surprised,but that could be them trying to make you feel better.
- You may lose people - Its sad to say that not everyone is as accepting as you could wish. This may not be a good thing to think about,but there is a possibility. As much as you want them to stay and accept you,they may not. The trick is,don't force anyone to stay and accept who you are,others will come along,people you don't need to convince to stay,they just will.
- The world will adjust - People change,some stay the same. The goal here is to be yourself,but never count on the world to be the same forever. The world,just like you,will learn and grow. So just be who you are,and the world will adjust.
- Do it how you want to - If you want to tell one person at a time,then go. Oh,you want to announce it in a large stadium? Go ahead. There's no one actually stopping you other than yourself. Don't let anyone tell you how to do it. Be creative if you'd like. Whatever works for you.
So I hope this helped out in any way. Best of luck :)
I would also like to thank the lovely people of Psych2go for helping me out. You guys have really inspired me.